Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let us not be Judgemental

I appreciate the fact that many of us are concerned about the things of God and where Christians may be going wrong in regards to matters of faith. As we do this, let us be watchful that we should not be judgmental because that makes us equally to be sinning. I would like to state the following: First none of us knows how the Holy Spirit transforms a sinner into a child of God this is because it is a subtle intrinsic spiritual irreversable chemistry that happens only once for all. When one becomes a Christian he or she dies a Christian because our God is loving and His promises remain forever. He never takes chances He has no doubts and He saves those He has predestined to save. If one says he/she is Christian but real change never occurred inwardly, that remains a non-believer. Jesus said  Mathew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
What doing the will of God here means is actually giving your life to Jesus and living day to day with Him.

Many Christians in Kenya think that if one drinks alcohol, or uses drugs, or smokes cigarettes then that person ceases to be a christian. The alcohol free life is the ideal for all Christians but if there is any Christian who takes a beer or two and goes to sleep, and fellowships and does what the bible says, is just a Christian like the rest of  us who do not drink. I am not saying this so that Christians who are craving for the bottle to have a license of  drinking. What I am saying here is,  there are very many good Christians who have been taken captive by drugs and alcohol but still, God knows them and loves them. At the end of day they will be in heaven.

When in Funerals, we are called upon to speak words that encourage not those that break. We are called to console not to judge because we can not change the destiny of the deceased. All that we say will have no bearing on the departed but it can have a lasting impact on the living.

If Huston was saved at any point of her life, then she was a Christian and she is now with the Lord as it is written
John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.
So the Christians who spoke at Houston's funeral including Bishop TD Jake's, relied on her own testimony that she indeed knew the Lord. And the Bible continues to say in John 6
35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
Therefore it does not depend on the theology one has, but on what the Bible says about all those who become Christians. In Jesus there is Eternal Life, not temporary. Jesus gives real life and that is why I believe even Harry Mumia is a Christian if he ever confessed that Jesus is Lord and invited Him into His life. God does not depend on whether we are serious or whether we mean it from deep down our hearts because He knows us ans He fathoms our minds from a far. Before a word is on tongue He knows it well. ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED all other teachings that do not agree with this Biblical standpoint has its origin in man and not the bible.

May be even Mother Theresa may not be in Heaven as we think who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment