Saturday, January 10, 2015

There is a reason for every season

Looking back at a story I shared here about my Japanese Friend who asked me to eat the shrimp because the shrimp died so that we could eat them and live, I just marvel at how God teaches us very deep truth about His nature and purpose. God does not just do things. There is a reason for every season and if we open our hearts and inner ears He is ready to speak to us His children in a small still voice.
God spoke to the Apostle Paul in a way that Paul wouldn't be moved by anything. The famous hymn that has the words- I need no other argument I need no other plea, it is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me- speak volumes about the Conviction and and unwavering FAITH and TRUST that Paul had in Jesus. Paul in a letter to the Corinthians said Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you RECEIVED and in which you STAND, 2 by which also you ARE SAVED, if you HOLD FAST that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
Selwyn Hughes asked "What other world religion has at its heart such a glorious fact as our Lord's resurrection? Christianity is the only faith whose Founder died upon a cross, was buried for three days, and then returned from the dead.
If you believe with me in this central pillar of our faith, pray with me. O Loving heavenly Father, help me understand even more deeply the truth of Your Son's resurrection, for such an important truth cannot be left to lie in the realm of uncertainty. Take my hand and lead me more deeply into this truth. In Jesus' Name. Amen.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQf0GUpGU50
Album Name: Keep Trusting. Singer : Rachel Dohling (7 years old)

No comments:

Post a Comment