Thursday, March 30, 2017

MAVI USIYOYALA WAFUKUZIANI NZI ?


The title of this liitle message may not be polite. I purposely ignored the use of euphemism because it is an African saying coined to produce the same feelings it has produced in those of you who understand it and in those who will understand it. I am always made to blame for being blunt sometimes but in this I had no choice but to use this saying.
To the Non Kiswahili speakers and those who did not take Fasihi ya Kiswahili, Mavi is waste matter discharged from the bowels after food has been digested; excrement. The second word has been conjugated from the verb "la" or "kula" which means "to eat". Used in this form renders it a negation- ie.do not eat. Wafukiziani -translates to- why are you chasing away ? Nzi -is a fly. Translated , Why chase away flies from the faeces you do not eat?
I relate this saying although crude to why people get offended when we Worship God and believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY LIFE AND TRUTH to the Father. If you feel this is FOOLISH, WHY ARE YOU AFFECTED BY WHAT YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN? I am not sure I know why some feel offended when we say we believe in God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. I do not KNOW why some don't like it when we say that there is God in heaven the creator of heaven and earth in whom we believe. I have never understood why others feel offended when we say that Jesus is the only WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. Does this offend you? Why?
I Reproduce Paul's intruction 1 Timothy 2:5-6 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

No comments:

Post a Comment